Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Zombie in Love - IDEAL Elementary Valentine Book!!!

When I posted Somebody Loves You, Mr. Hatch as my FAVORITE Valentine book ever last week, I thought I didn't have enough Valentine books to create a cute collage. What was I thinking? As the week is here I am LOVING our Valentine titles.

This morning I shared Zombie in Love by Kelly DiPucchio with kinders and we all had a great time. I am sure you can not keep your Zombie books on the shelves, whether Fiction, Non Fiction, Audio - and this is one of the most popular of the popular! We almost always have a running hold list for Zombie in Love.

Mortimer's earnestness and struggle is so well illustrated that this story tells itself. A highlight is the Help Wanted ad - even though my kids have NO CLUE about my frame of reference, it is a fun sing aloud. And turns out that the Pina Colada song transitions well into the Zombie want ad - must be a solid tune!!

No comments:

Post a Comment