Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Who DOESN'T Want to be a Marine Biologist?


 


Knowing I wanted to add STEM Careers as a rotation in the library is one thing. After just two days of teaching STEM careers, it is completely another. I am just going to put it out there: when I grow up, I want to be a Marine Biologist!

I emailed author Mary M. Cerullo to discuss the possibility of a SKYPE session with my kids. I was pleased to hear she attended a SKYPE for authors session but bummed to hear her schedule won't allow a session until fall (but not surprised). I am also looking forward to the publication of her new project, four books about sharks for 7-10 year old readers. I will DEFINITELY check back with her in the fall.

The waiting list for Giant Squid is second in our library only to Zombie Makers. This text is fascinating and relays Clyde Roper's career long quest for the elusive giant squid. The link below is a wonderful video that Grant Galland put together for a 2nd grade classroom.



 
As our school has made the change to STEM and I  learned more about this, I have always wished my kids had this education. This week, looking at all of the SUPER COOL things you can do with a STEM education, I wish I had received a STEM education. Amazing!


 




        

No comments:

Post a Comment