Tuesday, April 8, 2014

STANZA - Fun Intro to Poetry Month in the Library

The ideas out there for Poetry Month amaze me every time I search! I have compiled a group of activities that I am enjoying greatly with every grade. I plan on posting those soon, but for now I wanted to share one of my favorite books - and it is a bonus that it is a perfect intro to Poetry Month!



STANZA, written by Jill Esbaum and illustrated by Jack E. Davis is the engaging story of a dog who learns to follow his true self. Who can not relate to listening to others' voices before their own? The actual poetic devices used in the book are a bonus when discussing poetry.

I am also pulling out Science Verse by John Scieszka to use in our STEM school - click here for the post from last year - I still love it as much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment